Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Traffic and Inflation

I find it amazing that the inflation rate is more or less 5-10%. Which means when you get your annual increase it might be 5-10% to accommodate for inflation. The reality though hit me when I went to go buy some Ciro coffee. About 2 years ago I used to pay R26 for 200g of Ciro coffee. Now it costs R40. So sadly the inflation rate for coffee is not where near 5-10%.

Regarding traffic I was in the biggest traffic mess I've ever been in on Friday. It was 100km+ of traffic on the N3. It took us 2 hours to do about 100km. This was crazy and the last thing I felt like to start off the long weekend. After 100km I decided to take some back roads and to my surprise .... road works :( basically it took us 8 hours to get to our destination when it should have only taken 4.5.

Well at least we back at home safely now :)

Busy installing a nice new legal copy of Windows 7 for my new Media PC. I really hope it can play .flac files cause I ripped by whole CD collection to flac. Oh and if you wondering why I'm not using MythTV, gladly I don't have a whole week to waste trying to get it working with my sound card again. Some things should just work, although it is still really sad that Creative do not make proper Linux drivers.

No comments:

Followers