Wednesday, April 8, 2009

How to fix things when Google does not know.

Well this one was a real pain, but gladly I got it sorted. Google seems to not have many answers on this one.

We where having a problem with the Roles driver in Novell IDM. It was giving the error:
I did a schema compare with another eDirectory Tree and found a problem with nrfIdentity class, it was neither an effective class nor an aux class.
I deleted the class and re-imported the schema with the command:

ndssch admin.iam nrf-extensions.sch

and this seemed to fix the problem.

Not often you see schema problems in eDirectory but this was nasty. When doing a schema update during the install it just kept saying the schema was 100%.

Hope this proves helpfully, sadly Google will have to try better next time.