Saturday, November 1, 2008

Ubuntu 8.10 Install

The good news is I now have my laptop dual booting between Windows XP and Ubuntu 8.10. As normal I must say I am impressed with the ease of use and how much quicker it was to install Ubuntu than Windows. I think the Windows install with anti-virus, drivers and windows update took about almost 2 hours. The Ubuntu install was done in about 30 min. I must say the guys who put Ubuntu together really need some praise for taking the Linux desktop to the masses. I really feel that Ubuntu is an operating system anyone could learn to use. The fact that I don't need to load tons of anti virus (AV), anti malware and anti spam software makes me happy. People seem to always forget that AV really does slow your computer down, and thats why a Linux server will always outperform a Windows one, just based on the fact that you not running AV.

No comments:

Followers